Monday, June 25, 2012

Updates

Both of the boys are speaking a lot of English now and we can understand most of it.  The funny thing is that they say things backwards.  Today, I picked them up from school and Sam said "Mom, big muscles Sam."  Tonight at supper, I asked Aaron what he wanted to drink and he said "a Shiner."  Sam piped up with "Mom, me Shiner too!" LOL  When they get excited about something - usually food - they say "oh goodness!"  It's just too cute! 

Both of the boys are really healthy.  A friend asked me this the other day and I said that we are so thankful for their health.  The foster parents did a great job teaching the boys to wash their hands, and because they were well taken care of there (good diets, clean home) we haven't had any sicknesses yet.  I know the time will come when they do get sick, but I'm grateful we haven't had to deal with any of that while we are adjusting.  It's silly but I've prayed that nothing serious would happen while I couldn't understand them.  Imagine how frustrating it would be if something hurt and I couldn't understand them to help them!

We've begun teaching the boys about lying because they have both been blaming the other when something happens.  So we say, "Lying not good.  Jesus sad if you lie."  The other day, something happened and they each blamed the other.  I said, "Jesus is sad that one of you is lying."  Sam looked at me and said, "Sam no lie. Drew lie. Jesus lie no good."  Sure enough, he was right.  Drew admitted that he had done it.  Don't get me wrong, this all started because Sam lied to me first, but Sam is just more vocal about things than Drew.  I like how they both (seem to) understand that Jesus wants them to do well and they want to make Him happy.

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy stopping in to read your updates. I don't comment often but I do visit to read.

    ReplyDelete