Saturday, February 16, 2013

Christmas


Finally updating after 3 months away.  I'm blaming the holidays and life flying by for not keeping up with my posts.  I'll try to go in order.




School Christmas play - even though the boys are in different classes, Sam was seated behind Drew.  Drew's teacher told me that it wasn't planned.

 

Drew frosting his own cookie at school party

 

Sam opening a gift in his class

 
The boys decorating a gingerbread train

 


Sam meeting Santa Claus - also called Ho Ho. 


Sam was so excited when Santa Claus came to grandma's house.  He wanted to be the first one to sit on his lap.  He was not shy at all.

Drew meeting Santa Claus
Drew was very shy around Santa.  He held onto my leg when he first saw him.  Drew was the last one to sit on Santa's lap.

Christmas morning
The boys didn't know what to expect!  They slept in until 8:30 and only woke up because we let Gus wake them up.  I hadn't put any presents around the tree and they were so excited to see the stockings and presents.  I'm sure next year will be a very different experience.

We all went to Midnight Mass at our church.  Gus was an altar server.  The boys were very well behaved and stayed awake the whole time.  It was our first time at Midnight Mass since the new church was built.  In previous years, we had gone to the earlier children's mass because Gus was in the choir.





 
 
 

 
My favorite present
Aaron and the boys had a big surprise for me.  Aaron had made this metal cross.  Gus told him to weld 'Jesus lives in Family' on it.  Then he welded flowers, vines, and all our names on it.  Lastly, they all painted it.  The little boys used their thumbs for the flowers and leaves, while Aaron and Gus did the more detailed work.  I cried like a baby!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment